Sunday, October 7, 2012

maintain my weight

                       Im still searching for recipes to cook, and im finding several. Im cooking casserole again but, they have less fat .I like to cook foods like baked pork chops and baked sweet potatoes or  russet potatoes in the microwave.[ These foods are easier to count calories] We like either corn or baked beans in a can as a side.. I just watch my portions very carefully.  Meaning i may not eat but a 1/4 cup of beans or less. Corn on the cob is a favorite too, sometime we even have breaded chicken strips. The calorie count is on the back of the bag. Alot of people ask me where to get the calorie count. alot of things are on the back of the packages. There are web sites on the internet that tell calorie .Fast food is some i have to look up. I do have a book  i bought at walmart called' The calorie king', but i have a old booklet that has calories in it too.                                                    
                         Now when we do vacation, or go out to eat, or better yet have reunion i write all my foods down best i can remember and write at the top over the limit and circle it. I  buy my meats lean , and my soups to cook with are either 98% fat free of reduced fat. the recipes i find use very little cheese , and surprisingly they actually taste good. I cook with pam cooking spray,  and i found a spray butter with no calories too.

                        When i eat out my favorite is subway, they have marked the lower fat ones with  6 grams.  If your watching fat or counting calories this is very helpful. Burger king would be my next choice they have the Jr burger and i leave off the cheese and get the small french fry.  I still eat my meal bars, but  i make sure i eat a healthy supper. I  find when i do over eat i pay for it later, it makes me not feel good.                                          

   So i'm off to see what on facebook or pinterest or to look for a new dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment